SUCCCE – Smart use of communication in complex care environments
Accelerating the SUCCCE project
The SUCCCE product consists of both hardware and software, and is operated by physical input and/or handsfree by voice. It is an innovation for alarm management and decision support for health care professionals. Medical information, such as patent vital signs, are presented on a heads-up display in the users field of view. The advanced data filtering in SUCCCE makes sure that alarms and information are received by staff with matching responsibilities.
By using smart glasses with a heads-up display that is handsfree and intuitively operated, and two-way communication (voice, pictures and film), health care professionals get access to medical information to support both their decision making process, and alarm management.
The concept is based on needs from clinical praxis within complex care environments. Region Blekinge and Sahlgrenska Universitetssjukhuset were involved in the developing process. Further testing and concept development, to meet health care professionals needs, is in progress.
Find more info on the project at http://succce.se/
- Romare C, Hass U, Skär L (2018). Healthcare professionals’ views of smart glasses in intensive care: A qualitative study. In: Intensive & Critical Care Nursing, ISSN 0964-3397, E-ISSN 1532-4036, Vol. 45, p. 66-71 . DOI: 10.1016/j.iccn.2017.11.006
Current accelerator challenge
- Further development of software
- Further development of technology
- Further development of HCI
- Nicon – Nordic Industry Consulting AB
- Coordinator: PhD Shahryar Eivazzadeh,
- Professor Tobias Larsson, Product Development Research Lab
- Professor Johan Sanmartin Berglund, Health Technology Research Lab
- Associate Professor Peter Anderberg, Health Technology Research Lab
- Professor Lisa Skär, Health Technology Research Lab
- Industrial PhD candidate Charlotte Romare, Health Technology Research Lab / Region Blekinge
- PhD candidate Omsri Kumar Aeddula, Product Development Research Lab