- Post by: Tobias Larsson
- 1st November 2019
- No Comment
Technological innovation for the agriculture weed control industry
Programme: Mechanical engineering / Industrial economy
Course: MT2554 Value Innovation
Corporate partner: Lyckegård
Challenge: The objective of the project was to analyze the agriculture weed control machine CombCut made by Lyckegård Group AB and find an innovative refinement of the CombCut.
Solution: The solution improves the coupling function of the rotating axises that controls the brushes which removes the cut of weeds from the knives.
Impact: The user friendliness for the farmers improves. It makes transportation between the fields easier.
Prototypes: yes, the coupling uses a female and male connection in the shape of a cone.
Quotes from sponsor/partner:
- “interesting solution"
- “Will you continue working with your solution?"
- Kennan Todorovac, Industrial economy, class of 2016.
- Erik Andraéy, Mechanical engineering, class of 2016.
- Emelie Broman, Mechanical Engineering, class of 2016.
- Mathias Petersson, Mechanical engineering, class of 2014.
- Oscar Hjerm, Industrial economy, class of 2016.
- Mustafa AL Shuwaili, Mechanical engineering, class of 2013
Categories: Education-project, portfolio, VI, VI-project
Tagged: Agriculture, Combcut, couplings, environmental friendly, Lyckegård, Value Innovation, vi, weed control