Landstinget health care at home
Efficiency and connectivity of mobile teams
Programme: Class of 2014, Industrial Management and Mechanical Engineering at BTH
Corporate partner: Landstinget Blekinge
Challenge: Understanding the core issue and today’s drawbacks in the mobile teams.
Solution: By streamlining multiple processes and collecting all activities under one combined platform the concept will understandably increase both efficiency and patient’s desirability. The solution combines of beneficial advancements in logistics, data collection and digital communication within a smart and easy to use platform.
Impact: The impact will potentially be a smarter and more efficient service system for the mobile team within Landstinget. The solution focus on three areas in which we found the current system lacking a scalable method, these were followingly:
- Logistically optimal routing – A system that will potentially save the mobile teams hours of planning and therefore enable more resource and improved work load.
- Dynamic health-checking system connected to the new digital journal that landstinget currently is working on deploying.
- Optimize the booking system and enable an easier communication between all the staff members
Prototypes: We built the platform that our solution is based upon, within this we visualized how various data would be sent through a Arduino chip to show on the platform. The logistics were also prototyped through optimization schedules in regards to the patients’ location. The solutions are shown in a blueprint that is visualized as processes that corresponds with each other.
Quotes from sponsor/partner:
- “We love it!”
- “Who is this Blockchain guy?”
- “Fun and interesting to see that someone addressed the logistical problem as well and not just focusing on technicalities”
- “We are happy that the problems we experience every day, also is seen by an outside inspector”
Project team: Jacob Wickström, Astrid Ortman, Chatnicha Chokwatthananon, Carl Henrell