About PhD studies
The post-graduate education within Mechanical Engineering is planned so that the PhD student shall gain expertise as well as generic knowledge in the research subject.
The graduate education shall be of international standard. More info on PhD studies at the BTH site.
- After completed licentiate degree graduation the student is expected to be prepared for doing both research and development tasks.
- After completed PhD degree graduation the successful student should be able to independently conduct research activities in industry or academia.
General information about PhD studies in Sweden here.
“Handbook” for PhD studies in Sweden can be found here.
Study plan for Mechanical Engineering
The following courses are given for PhD candidates (also other courses given on demand):
- Product-Service Systems, PDRL01, 7.5 ECTS (Tobias Larsson )
- Engineering Design Research Methodology, PDRL02, 7.5 ECTS (Tobias Larsson/Alessandro Bertoni)
- Global Product Innovation, PDRL03, 15 ECTS (Tobias Larsson)
- Innovative Technology and Business, PDRL04, 7.5 ECTS (Tobias Larsson)
- Knowledge Enabled Engineering, PDRL05, 7.5 ECTS (Tobias Larsson)
- Modelling and Simulation in Product Development, PDRL06, 7.5 ECTS (Tobias Larsson)
- Participatory Product Innovation – P2I, PDRL07, 7.5 ECTS (Tobias Larsson)
- Simulation of Vehicle Dynamics, PDRL08, 7.5 ECTS (Tobias Larsson)
- Next start 20180130! Modeling Simulation and Optimization in the Engineering Product Development Process, PDRL09, 5 ECTS (Tobias Larsson).
PhD candidates taking part in national Modelling, Simulation and Optimization in the Engineering Product Development Process (March 2018 @ BTH).
Massimo Panarotto (left), supervisor/dean Tobias Larsson (middle) and Mikael Johnsson (right) at BTH academic ceremony.
Massimo Panarotto (left), supervisor/dean Tobias Larsson (middle) and Mikael Johnsson (right) at BTH academic ceremony (May 2017).
PhD's from BTH Mechanical Engineering
11 PhD’s and 19 Licentiates since 2001.
- Johan Pilthammar (Lic #19 2017)
- Shafiqul Md. Islam (Lic #18 2016)
- Mikael Johnsson (PhD #11 2016)
- Babak Khodabandeloo (Lic #17 2015)
- Eskil Andreasson (Lic #16 2015)
- Massimo Panarotto (Lic #15 2013, PhD #10 2015)
- Pia Lindahl (Lic #14 2013)
- Merlina Missimer (Lic #13 2013)
- Cecilia Bratt (Lic #12 2011)
- Armando Leon (Lic #11 2011)
- Andreas Josefsson (PhD #9 2011)
- Anthony Thompson (Lic #10 2010, PhD #8 2012)
- Johan Fredin (Lic #9 2009)
- Martin Magnevall (Lic #8 2008, PhD #7 2011)
- Kristian Haller (Lic #7 2007, PhD #6 2008)
- Henrik Ny (Lic #6 2006, PhD #5 2009)
- Etienne Mfoumou (Lic #5 2006, PhD #4 2008)
- Johan Wall (Lic #4 2003, PhD #3 2007)
- Thomas Englund (Lic #3 2003)
- Anders Jönsson (Lic #2 2001, PhD #2 2004)
- Sophie Hallstedt (Lic #1 2001, PhD #1 2008)