Volvo CE held the Innovation Conference XPLORATION FORUM 2016 in Eskilstuna early September, effectively displaying Volvo Concept Lab.
Being closely involved in the innovation model research and development, several PDRL researchers took part.
The meeting brought together researchers, engineers and innovators in the VCE network in order to share, learn, inspire, and connect.
A poster session let visitors experience the research behind features that were on display for the visitors., and here we got to see displays of ME310 project NIX, innovation model work, innovation team work, and data driven design research from the BTH team.
Besides sharing posters of the ongoing research work we contributed with:
- Professor Tobias Larsson held a keynote "Innovation Engineering - Design in the age of wicked problems", and a presentation "From corporate skunkworks to continuous innovation; an innovation lab model for large organizations".
- Martin Frank & Senior Researcher Christian Johansson presented "Human machine partnership : a design thinking approach to yellow machines"
- Postdoc researcher Alessandro Bertoni talked about "Value and Data Driven Conceptual Design: exploiting data to design value."
- PhD student Mikael Johnsson & Chad Fluent presented "Accelerate Innovation through small, dedicated teams"
The event was also a great display of prototypes from VCE and where the company is going with its research and development efforts.
The main research is coming from the work in the KKS profile project Model Driven Development and Decision Support.
- Volvo Concept Lab news
- Youtube: Xploration Forum: what happened during day 1 (Tobias Larsson around 4.2o in)
- Youtube: Xploration Forum: what happened during day 2
- Youtube: XPLORATION FORUM: SITE SOLUTIONS
- Youtube: XPLORATION FORUM: INTELLIGENT MACHINES
- ME310 projects
- Model Driven Development and Decision Support
For more information, contact professor Tobias Larsson, email@example.com.